Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm Not Sorry!

So last nights wine fest got me thinking, why do I feel so guilty? And for the sake of sweet Jesus, is it a coincidence that just yesterday I changed my song to Buckcherry? I am not sorry!I haven't done anything wrong! Lately. Ok, nothing horrendously, disasterously wrong. And if I had, aren't we all entitled to the occassional delicacy better known as sin? Why do I have the feeling I've used mine all up and must be forever punished now in exchange? God doesn't work like that. And neither do I. I'm a christian. I pride myself in my ability to forgive. To forget, blindly even, on most occasions. I dish out kind words of encouragement to anyone I meet on the street with a spoon too heavy for most to carry. And I do so with a smile. You'd think I could spare a little for myself. I'm relatively sure I have plenty a critics out there without adding my name to the list. And if I've hurt you, well you probably hurt me first. Looks like were even. So, instead of listing all thirty billion things I've been carrying for years on my back like a hypocritical martyr and burning the list symbolically (if not originally) I write this. Good riddance guilt! So long heavy load and accomplissing hunch back. Farewell unspoken apologies. I am so not sorry!

No comments: