Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Definitions...?!?

I always like to begin explaining things to people, in particular myself, by using a definition. As if I dont already know or couldn't accurately guess what Old Webster has to say on a given topic. For me, it's a focal point, a starting point, a definite point... I feel like I need a foundation of fact before I can legitimately make a point. Not sure why, but it's boring and it's a habit I blame at least partially for my abandoned blog.

Off topic a minute, other things to blame for my lack of blog-ivation; no time, nothing to say (ok thats a lie), fear that no one cares what I have to say or that I will be totally and obliviously uninteresting, and most of all having put myself through a total mummification process all the while forgetting to actually die in the physical sense.

So, I believe that in the "real" mummification process the person has to be dead and deemed important. I don't think of myself as important, which is a true shame...I'm important to someone I'm sure. Anyway, the body than gets embalmed which is cool but totally disgusting and then tightly wrapped and properly buried.. Which is how I feel. The only feeling I"ve allowed myself in quite some time.

So, this blog and the next several might be boring (you've been warned) but I think this is the first step to progress. I am admitting I have a problem (ok several problems). I have however successfully blogged without any definitions (though I was tempted by embalming). I am going to TRY to stop caring whether anyone cares to read this or finds me interesting, make time, and put some feelings on paper. Or at least onto a page.

Time to start un-wrapping. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Rebecca is Fabulous said...

Though I don't blog anymore, there were many things that blogging helped me through. I wish I knew more about what you were feeling...I wish you were here on my couch with a bottle of wine, pouring it out to me.