Friday, June 17, 2011

If love was enough...

So last night while stuffing my face with smores and watching Greys Anatomy, a dying patient on the show made a comment that set me into a crying frenzy for the first time in months. She asked Dr McDreamy to tell her boyfriend who was not going to make it to say good bye in person that... "if love were enough, I would still be here with you."
My first thought was "oh fuck, here we go" and as I processeed what that meant for me...no longer waiting, no longer hoping, no longer expecting...anything to be better, or different....I realized how far I've come and how far Ive yet to go. More importantly, I realized that, if love were enough, I would still be here with him. And He would still be here with me. I guess love is not enough. Some things may in fact be far more important.

1 comment:

Mrs. Davis said...

Love is not about staying or going my sister.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not enby, it does not boast, it is not proud. It it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

1 Corinthians 13:4-7