Sunday, July 13, 2008

Time and Place

I met a man who is charming and sweet, hilarious and fun. He makes me smile more than usual, which is saying a lot. We share a certain chemistry that I hadn't the foggiest idea existed until a short time ago. He is exactly who I want my son to grow into. Smart, polite, witty, hardworking, good looking.

And yet, I met him at the hospital. My place of employment. Fraternizing with a patient. Just weeks after a breakup that most likely should never have occured. What's more, he lives out of state and makes just a few short trips to Alaska each year for his amazingly cool and well paid career.

With a move on the horizon and tears fresh on my cheeks, I'm not quite ready for anything serious. Especially not a long distance fling with a guy I could potentially lose my job over. But why not a new friend and the opportunity to learn more? I'm interested.

No comments: