Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oh Lord give me strength to see through the Erythrom...

Oh my, my. Pink eye. I try consistantly to see the world through rose colored glasses, but this is ridiculous! Three days I've spent trying not to smile in fear of looking stoned. It's distracting. I have faith it'll clear up so I can go back to making money. Who knew the ole job would kick you out for oddly colored eyeballs...?
As for faith, I've been thinking about mine lately. I'm a christian. At least a mediocre one. Still learning, and always growing...but I believe. In something. In God, I think? In the ten commandments, for sure. In the Golden Rule. I want to believe in heaven and hell. It's depressing not too. What happens to us when we die, if all that is untrue?
My friends are a religious variety pack. I have a Luke-warm humanist, pun intended. A couple of Wicans. A karma-nite. I even work with a Muslim. Sorting out my beliefs among so many can be a bit daunting. I guess ignorance is bliss. Little beknowest to you, I consider myself a fairly intelligent person. Im not Einstein or anything, but Im no average joe. I am a bright candle on this earth shaped cake, and this little light of mine...I'm gonna let it shine. So I'll make it my personal mission to become more wordly about religion. So, if anyone has a little knowledge that could come in handy, please feel free to share.

1 comment:

Rebecca is Fabulous said...

you are my inspiration...i may have the book-learning from years as a pastor's daughter, but you have taught me more about faith and trust and God's love in the past year than anything else in my life has.