Wednesday, April 16, 2008

So what do you do when it's easy?

I always thought the third time was a charm. Whether or not it's foolish to believe in that type of thing, I got over it. On to guy four; here's to making it to my list of Mr seriouses'. Unless the first one doesn't count. Which I can come up with several very good reasons as to why he shouldn't, such as I was under age and he was a child molester. But hey, on a positive note, that would mean this is my third and it could be a charm and I can go on writing this without the subtle cynic that sometimes sits on my shoulder. Except that we're still so new, I'd hate to jinx us. No pressure.

It's just that, we've been hanging out for a bit now. If I was forced to sum it up in three words, I'd say fun, mellow, and steady. A far cry from Mr Psycho, Mr Selfish, and Mr sainara. I keep waiting for that feeling; you know the one you tell to shut up because staying along for the ride seems easier than trusting your instincts which scream "Run! Fast and far and into the opposite direction!" I'd recognize that. I'd know how to handle that.

But this. This is all new for me. I have spent the last year or so getting friendly with myself and I actually enjoy being alone. I don't need some new guy to step up to the plate. But it's nice that he does. I'm pretty sure I can handle it. So I'll accept this change as good and relax into the easiness. He doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

1 comment:

Rebecca is Fabulous said...

one day at a time, babe. one day at a time.